En este proyecto hemos instalado un robot colaborativo para la descarga de botellas de plástico de una sopladora. El robot se encuentra en una fábrica de botellas de plástico para productos de limpieza. Las botellas provienen de una sopladora que produce 6 botellas a la vez. Estas botellas deben ser colocadas de forma vertical en la cinta que alimenta otras máquinas.
Requirements for installing the collaborative robot for handling bottles
In this case the robot was integrated into an existing line. This always brings a series of challenges, which in this case were:
- Reduces space for the installation
- Flexibility was required, since the customer produces 9 different types of bottles
- Simplicity was required, since the customer had to be able to make any necessary adjustments by themselves each time they changed model.
- Robot installation time had to be minimum, since the production line was not running while istalling the equipment.
A UR5 robot was placed between the blowing machine and the conveyor belt. The cobot had a tool with 12 vacuum cups. This allowed each of the 6 bottles to be handled by 2 vacuum cups. The separation between the 2 cups allows the handling of the 9 different bottle types.
Advantages of this solution
- The robot can work continuously for 24 hours unloading the blowing machine.
- The payback period in this type of projects is usually short, specially if the equipment is working 3 shifts. In this case it is specially important since the customer normally has production peaks and sometimes it is necessary to work during the weekends.
- Los operarios que trabajan en este puesto presentaban problemas de lesiones tras estar varias horas durante varios días haciendo los mismos movimientos.